In partnership with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc., Joseph Goldberg and the CSPAS developed a Continuing Education (CE) program that offers 18 CE units (CEUs) to mental health professionals interested in a home-study course covering the topics of parental alienation and its treatment. For detailed information pertaining to the state-by-state regulatory boards and/or associations that have approved this CE course, click here.
If you are a mental health professional in the United States or Canada, and you do not find your Board or Association on the list approving this CE course, we can still help you to get the CEUs that are offered by this program. Just send us an email to request assistance and let us do the work to facilitate approval from your Board or Association.
- PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- PER is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and a co-sponsor of this program.
PER may award NBCC-approved clock hours for programs that meet NBCC requirements (approval #5536). Please check with your state counseling board to see if it accepts the NBCC providership.
- PER is approved as a provider (Provider # 1008) for continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), 400 South Ridge Parkway, Suite B, Culpepper, VA 22701. www.aswb.org. (ASWB Approval Period: 4/15/12 – 4/15/15)
- Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. The following recognize the ASWB program:
- AL, AK, AZ, DC, DE, GA, ID, IN, IA, KY, MA, MD, MI, MO, MS, MT, NM, NC, ND, NJ, OK, OR, PA (PA requires that courses be at least two credits), RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VI, VT, WA, WI, and WY.
- PER is also an approved provider with a variety of individual state social work, counseling, and marriage and family therapy boards. PER maintains responsibility for the content of these programs.
- The Alabama Social Work Board (#0155),
- The Florida Board of Licensed Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling (CE Provider Tracking #50-1657, Board Provider #351, exp. 03/31/15)
- The Illinois Social Work Board (159-000505)
- The Iowa Board of Social Work (#153)
- The Maryland State Board of Social Work
- The Ohio Counselor (RCX-129413)
- Social Worker Social Work (RSX-019601)
- Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- The Texas Board of Social Work (CS 1596)
- The Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #130)
- PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER) is an approved provider of the California Board of Behavior Sciences (PCE 203). These courses meet the qualifications for CE credit for MFCCs and LCSWs as required by the CA BBS.
- PER is a provider of continuing education with the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Psycho-Educational Specialists (#98). Please note that the Board will only accept CE hours for renewal purposes that are related to the professional license that is being renewed and hours that are related to the educational requirements or subject matter that is required for the licensure.
- These programs meet the criteria of an approved continuing education program for social work in Arkansas.
- These programs meet the criteria of an approved continuing education program for social workers, professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, master’s level psychologists, licensed clinical psychotherapists, and alcohol and other drug abuse counselors in Kansas.
- These programs meet the criteria of an approved continuing education program for mental health practice and for social work in Nebraska.
- These programs meet the criteria of an approved continuing education program for psychologists, pastoral psychotherapists, clinical social workers, clinical mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, and alcohol and drug abuse counselors in New Hampshire.
- These programs meet the criteria of an approved continuing education program for social workers, professional counselors, marital and family therapists, and clinical pastoral therapists in Tennessee.
- PER is approved as a continuing education provider by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Provider #374. The individual sessions in these programs cover the following counselor skill groups: clinical assessment, ongoing treatment planning, counseling services, and legal, ethical and professional growth.
Some restrictions may apply. Check with your state board or certifying organization to find out if online programs and/or home-study programs are accepted as part of your continuing education requirement for license renewal or re-certification, or contact PER at 1-800-892-9249 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding CE approvals.